Friday, January 16, 2009

You Could Hear a Pin Drop

It's been a few days since I've posted anything. It's been crazy as usual around the Nassif house. I took Graham to the doctor & he has the beginnings of a sinus infection & fluid in his right ear so the doctor wrote us a script for an antibiotic & a steroid. The antibiotics have really been upsetting his stomach. He had 2 diaper blowouts yesterday & has been very gassy & throwing up a little. I feel so bad for my poor baby. They must be working though because even though he's still very congested he's perked up a lot & isn't just clinging limply to me. The biggest news about Graham lately is that he slept through the night for the 1st time Wednesday night! I put him down at 10:00 & he slept all the way until 7:30- 9 1/2 hours! When I woke up I had to go check on him to make sure he was still breathing, haha! He did pretty good last night, too, & didn't wake up until early this morning. I hope he does the same thing tonight. He's sleeping over at Gran's house so I hope it doesn't disrupt his new pattern. The house is so quiet right now you could hear a pin drop. It's strange being alone in the middle of the day & everything being so quiet. Graham has been gone 15 minutes & I miss him already. I wanted to chase the car down the drive way when he was leaving. I forgot how much I hate it when he leaves.

I spent the morning painting handprint tiles at the twins' school for Grandparents' Day. Owen's class did theirs today so I got to help him make his. I was there helping on on Monday when George's class did theirs, so I helped his class, too. It was a little messy but a lot of fun. It's always interesting to see them at school & how they interact with the other kids. George was running around the playground chasing another kid & screaming at the top of his lungs & Owen was climbing the "spiderweb" quietly. I think that pretty accurately reflects their personalities.

Greg & I are going to tour Bocage Racket Club this afternoon. It's a social club here that is popular & we are thinking about joining. We have a lot of friends who are members & we both want to start playing tennis again so this might be a good fit for us. They have frequent social events as well that I think we'd enjoy.

I think later today Greg & I might go see a movie together. I'm somewhat unsure what to do with myself without the kids. I hope we can find something to so tonight so that I don't just sit on the couch missing them. WIth Graham sleeping all night the idea of a good night's sleep isn't even enough of a temptation to distract me from the silence. It reminds me of a quote I saw once "Silence so loud it hurts your ears". I'd much rather my noisy rambunctious boys...

1 comment:

  1. Yay Haley!!! I'm so excited to be able to blog stalk you! You are a very entertaining writer. Can't wait to read more about the boys and your adventures with them. Graham is so cute too! I wish we lived closer so we could get our boys together. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete